Saturday, February 9, 2013

Minnie Mouse Jewelry

I am still obsessed  focused on making fe gifts for the cruise.  I am actually bouncing between several practice projects but I actually have a finished (okay... almost finished) project today.  

I decided to try to make Minnie Mouse hair clips out of polymer clay. They actually proved to be super simple and not as time consuming as some of the other projects. I love working with clay. It is a forgiving medium and I find it very calming.  I also found a necklace chain, ring base, and broken earrings in my craft closet and was inspired to up-cycle them.  Here are the photos.
 ( Excuse the poor  photo quality . I still don't have a camera and these were taken with my Kodak Play camcorder.)



The hair clips are on the top, earrings are in the middle, and of course the necklace is on the left.   The still need a coat of gloss and a sprinkle of iridescent micro glitter, but other than that they are finished.  


I also made this Minnie ring. The ring is a stretch ring that had lost it's stone. I simply glued the baked clay to the ring.  I love to up-cycle broken jewellery. I always have a ton of broken jewellery.  No one can break it like me. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment