Thursday, February 7, 2013

Lego Ninjago Birthday Bash



My 7 year old wanted a ninjago party! His birthday is right after Christmas, so doing his party on a budget is always a must. This party proved to be very simple and budget friendly.





First up:  Black, yellow, red, aqua blue, and green streamers. I used strips of duck tape to do sections of streams. Much faster and easier to put up than doing it a single streamer at a time.  I used simple green balloon. Originally  I was going to decorate each one with a Ninjago face, but the printer decided not to work so I scrapped that. Actually, the non working printer caused me to scrap a lot of my ideas for this party. Oh, well!



Next, lets look at the cake and the table  decorations.

at
And the birthday boy! 

Here is the scoop on the cake:

1. I used a round spring  form cake pan to bake it. I did this because I couldn't find my other round cake pan. Let me tell you, I loved the spring form. It was so easy to remove the cake without any... well accidents. It was easier to frost.

2. I used canned frosting and tinted it green. I was going to use fondant but I got lazy. Imagine that.

3. I cut a template for the mask and placed  it on the middle of the cake. I did a great job getting it right in the middle didn't I? Oh well, it is just a cake! Then I spread the frosting over the template and cake.  Then I pulled up the frosted template and tossed it. ( I may have licked it.)

4. I used yellow tinted icing to do the mask, outlined it with black frosting from a tube. Then I freehanded the eyes. I did practice drawing them a lot before I did this.

5. I decided to press sprinkles around the sides of the cake. I have see this online. It looked easy. It was not and it was messy.











No comments:

Post a Comment